Friday, July 6, 2007

The beginning of the blog.

This is my very first blog posting. Ever. I am sure all the Internet-savvy kids are rolling their eyes as they read this blog, suck down their Starbucks cappuccino, and download really cool songs for their iPod. I don't even own an iPod.

I am not sure where this blog will lead to during the coming months. The main focus of the blog will be my new book, Make the Right Choice: Creating a Positive, Innovative and Productive Work Life.

I always wanted to write a book. My clients would ask me, "Do you have a book?" Audience members would ask me, "Do you have a book?" Other speakers would ask me, "Do you have a book?" People on airplanes would ask me what I did for a living. I told them I was a speaker. "Do you have a book?" they would ask.

Now, after starting my own business in 1994 (I didn't really start seriously speaking for a living until 1997) I have a book.

What is the book about? Good question. Here is what I wrote on the book's jacket:

In Make the Right Choice, Joel shares
his experience and insight on creativity,
communication, teamwork, passion, and
fun. With wit, a sharp observational eye, and
playful irreverence, he discusses the choices
we all encounter in our careers. We each have
the ability to take initiative and make the right
choice to live a more creative, passionate,
effective, and productive life.


I think that is a pretty good description. As soon as I figure out how to post the entire book jacket, I will. Remember, I don't even have an iPod.

This blog will discuss upcoming book related events; thoughts on work and life; and musings from my travels and speaking events.

Thank you for taking the time to visit the blog. Take care and continued success.



No comments: