Wednesday, September 5, 2007

One book at a time.

Right now, my book marketing efforts are very similar to waking up in a dark hotel room and trying to navigate a path to the bathroom. I keep reaching out my hands hoping to find a light switch. Sometimes I find a switch. Sometimes I bang my knee into the wall.

My PR/Marketing efforts are a little slow going right now. I was interviewed on the morning news program (Fox 7) in Austin two weeks ago. The interview went very well (I will have a link as soon as receive my copy). Plus, it was a great excuse to take the family to the Hyatt Lost Pines Resort in Bastrop, TX. I highly recommend the resort.

And, I have a couple big interviews on Monday in Houston (one with the Fox morning program and the other with the Houston Chronicle). The best part is I get to go see the KC Chiefs/Houston Texans game on Sunday. And, that is what you call perfect timing.

Hopefully, the PR/Marketing efforts will pick up soon. I did just send out my second e-mail newsletter. And, somebody must be purchasing the book today. Here is the Amazon ranking:

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #20,707 in Books (See Bestsellers in Books)
Popular in these categories:
#63 in Books > Business & Investing > Business Life > General
#82 in Books > Business & Investing > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > General
#93 in Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Systems & Planning

Well, the ranking was better a few minutes ago, but I lost my link. I am sure the big business book boys would scoff at being the #63 general business life book, but I am pretty damn excited.

And, if anyone is reading this blog, please take a few minutes to rank the book and/or write a review on Amazon. Here is the link.

No comments: