Monday, July 30, 2007

24 Days Later

Well, a mere 24 days has passed since I started this blog. I know. You are supposed to blog more often. People want the blog. They need the blog. They live for the blog. Okay, good tip.

The PR machine is revving up for the release of the book. Unless you have spent the last week or so camping in the mountains, you should have heard about "Make the Right Choice: Creating a Positive, Innovative and Productive Work Life." As of this post, I have done one podcast interview for something called BNET and an interview for the Houston Business Journal about hiring speakers.

I don't think the podcast is ready yet. As soon as the interview hits the podcast world, I will provide a link. My goal is to speak to one person at a time. And with a podcast, that is pretty much what I am doing. This was my first podcast and I am still tingling.

I would like to provide a link to the Houston Business Journal. Unfortunately, I can't even access the story because you have to be a paid subscriber. I like my Internet content free. It kind of makes more sense, and I am sure the Houston Business Journal, like many other on-line publications will figure that out sooner than later.

And, that is the extent of my PR. Obviously, you can see the similarities between my PR machine and the PR machine for the new Harry Potter book. Unconfirmed sources tell me that the publisher moved up the release date for the new Potter book because they didn't want to be overshadowed by Make the Right Choice.

Here are just a few similarities between Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and Make the Right Choice:

Number of Sold Copies:

HP: 10 million copies sold in the first weekend.
MTRC: Slightly less.

Number of cover stories about the book in major publications:

HP: Every magazine. Every news show. Every newspaper.
MTRC: Did I mention the podcast on BNET?

Reports of people camping out and standing in long lines to receive their copy:

HP: Yes, in every city people were standing in line and camping out.
MTRC: There is an unconfirmed report that my mom had to wait until my dad was off the computer before she could order the book.

No comments: